The Bavarian-Indian Centre for Business and University Cooperation is coordinating exchange between Bavaria and India since 2008. The BayIND is funded by the Free State of Bavaria and acts as a contact point for students, universities and companies from its two locations in Hof and Bangalore.
at Hof University
Tel. +49 (0) 9281 409 5102
In May 2013, the BayIND Science Office started its activities in India. It is set-up in Bangalore, the capital city of the Bavarian partner state Karnataka. It serves as a competence and network centre and supports the university cooperation and marketing measures of Bavarian State Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences.
The Science Office acts as a contact and information centre for Indian students, PhD candidates and researchers.
- Marketing for study and research in Bavaria
- Individual guidance for studying in Bavaria
- Networking with key institutions in the fields of science and higher education, politics, and business
- Support on the activities by Bavarian universities in India
- Online seminars on different topics, e.g. preparation on studying & researching in Bavaria
Membership of "German Centre for Research and Innovation - New Delhi"
The German Centre for Research and Innovation (DWIH) New Delhi is a network of 20 German research organisations, universities, funding bodies, and research-based companies.
It is part of a global network of six Centres which is overseen by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and funded by the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
c/o. INTEGRO Infotech & Consulting
S2, 2nd Floor, Gold Coin Building 1,
No. 34, Kensington Road, Ulsoor
Bangalore - 560 042
Tel.: +91 8123500566
Board of Directors
- Prof. Dr Dr h.c. Jürgen Lehmann (Chairman of the Board and President of Hof University of Applied Sciences)
- Volker Leinweber (Bavarian Business Association - vbw)
- Prof. Dr Mukundan Thelakkat (University of Bayreuth)
- Prof. Dr h.c. Heinrich Köster (President of Technical University of Applied Sciences Rosenheim)
- Prof. Dr Martin Ullrich (Nuremberg University of Music)
- Christoph Wild (Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Art)
- Ministerialdirektor Dr Christian Barth (Bavarian State Ministry of the Environment and Consumer Protection)
- Consul General Mohit Yadav (Consulate General of India, Munich)
- Ministerialrat Armin Schwimmbeck (Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy)
- District President Florian Luderschmid (Oberfrankenstiftung)
- Josef Tost (Studentenwerk Oberfranken)
Non-voting members of the Advisory Board:
- Kira Gehrmann (Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg)
- Dr. Annabelle Wolff (TOTH Amberg-Weiden - Technical University of Applied Sciences)